Do you ever look back at your childhood and think about the things your mum used to always say to you?
Here are some of the things I can remember my mum saying to me.
1. Go to your room
2. Wait and see
3. Ask your father
4. Say pardon, not ‘what’
5. Back in my day
6. What did your last slave day of?
7. No pudding until you’ve eaten all your dinner
8. I’ve told you so many times
9. You’ll have someones eye out with that
10. If someone asked you to jump off a cliff, would you?
11. I want never gets
12. Trust me, it will all end in tears
13. If you eat all your carrots, you’ll be able to see in the dark
14. Who is she, the cats mother?
15. Don’t pull that face, if the wind changes it will stay like that forever
16. If you sit that close to the TV you’ll get square eyes
17. Don’t say I didn’t warn you
18. Take your coat off when you get inside or you won’t feel the benefit when you go outside
19. Close the door, you weren’t born in a barn
20. Because I said so
21. There is no such word as can’t
22. I don’t care if your dying, you’re going to school
Who remembers their mum saying similar things?