Apart from believing in Father Christmas, the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny and so on.. There are many other things that most of us believed as children.
See if any of these ring a bell..
- If you swallow chewing gum it will get wrapped around your heart, and stay in your stomach for seven years.
- If you eat your crusts you will get curly hair.
- When in the bath, have your feet at the tap end. Because a monster lives in the plug hole and it could come out.
- When an actor died in a film they died in real life as well.
- If you misbehave the bogey man will come and take you away.
- Your cuddly toys came to life when you weren’t there.
- Duvets and blankets protected you from monsters.
- Visiting your grandparents was the best treat ever, and you would look forward to the big home made meals and the mountain of sweet treats!
- You could never have too many stuffed toys, and would never grow too old for them.
- The opposite gender was ‘smelly’ and you wouldn’t be seen dead talking to them.
- If you tell lies your nose will grow longer.
- If you sat too close to the TV you would get square eyes.
- Members of your family could easily pinch your nose off your face with one grab.
- If you hold a buttercup under your chin, and your chin glows yellow then you love butter.
- The five second rule – if you drop food on the floor, you can still pick it up and eat it before 5 seconds.
(Who else still believes this one? Just me? Oh..)