Ahh the joys of school. I went to an all girls school out of choice, and two years in, I wished I had went to a mixed school. The bitchiness was unbearable.
These are some things I have come up with which you will only truly understand if you also went to an all girls school.
1. You may not have mastered all the words to mean girls, but you certainly know most of the phrases.
2. You have learnt the art of rolling your skirt. Not many was brave enough to cut the length, so rolling was a major action that all girls did to make their skirts a lot shorter.
3. Your bra was a perfect place to store your phone throughout the school day. Well where else would we put it?
4. The male teachers never clocked on that you would use the period excuse every week to get out of class early or for some other reason.
5. Unless you were good at p.e you would go out of your way to get out of it each lesson; be it a forged note from your ‘mum’ or pretend it’s that time of month already.
6. When the bell went for the end of the day, you would all rush to the toilets to re apply your make up, fix your hair and cover yourself in Charlie body spray, so you look good for the boys from the other school when you meet them.
7. If you did come on your period whilst at school there was no shame. Just let everyone know you need a tampon and they will be thrown at you in all shapes and sizes.
8. The hierarchy was based on how rebellious you were and who had the latest items.
9. If you ever needed to bring something in for a class you would save all your Jane Norman or river island bags just for this occasion. Of course we can’t be seen carrying a Morrison’s bag!
10. You would pull your tights up in the middle of the classroom because it is socially acceptable to do so. Can we not do it now? Oh..
11. The first year of secondary school, you would obsess over having the best stationery. This means having the best pencil case from W H Smiths, coloured pencils, and of course the smelly gel pens you all had to have!
12. If there was a male teacher who was half decent looking he immediately became the one you all fancied and wouldn’t stop taking about.
13. Rumours spread quicker than you could say ‘gossip’ and people would bitch you out endlessly. Even if it wasn’t true.
14. You would rush home to log onto MSN and get talking to that boy from the other school. If he added your name to his status and out a little heart next to it, you knew it was true love..
15. Breaking up with that special person was awful and would end in you locking yourself in the girls toilets whilst your friends comforted you.
16. If you were given a detention, especially an after school one. You were a badass. And you would be worshipped.
17. If a fight broke out between two girls it would look like a scene from a Wrestling fight. You would definitely not have thought they were that strong.
18. Buying cheap hair extensions were what everyone did. It’s a shame no one knows how to put them in properly and not let the clips show..
19. You and your best friend couldn’t walk anywhere without linking arms.
20. If you can survive school with your best friend, you will be friends for life.